Description

Making jewelry is like writing a poem...

Monday, April 4, 2011

How to store your silver jewelry - 3

This is a popular and important subject - how to keep your sterling silver and silver plated jewelry from tarnishing too quickly.

Number 1: DO NOT KEEP YOUR SILVER IN YOUR BATHROOM. I've had the experience - in a matter of 2 months, my sterling silver earring hooks turned black because I had left them in the medicine cabinet! Thank goodness for an amazing liquid that cleans jewelry, I wiped off all tarnish. But had I not had that liquid, I would have probably thrown them in the garbage.

So all of you who bought jewelry from Chloé & Me Jewelry, please keep your jewelry out of the bathroom.

Number 2: keep a piece of chalk with your jewelry - it will keep the area dry.

Number 3: do not keep your jewelry in a wooden box. It's much safer to keep them in a plastic bag. Just use a Ziplock!

Number 4: If you can have access to Pacific Cloth, then place your jewelry in that cloth! I will soon sell some of that cloth...

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment